I haven't been thinking about it - do I get some sort of award for that? I donated blood today because I am O+ and I know they need that and because I finally meet the weight requirement. You can be jealous over that last statement or you can just accept that these are the genes that I was born with. Little sister is turning 23 on Saturday and still hasn't met the minimum weight to donate blood. Anyway, I am dumb and thought that the donation would take oh, fifteen minutes. Yeah, or an hour and a half. Which is okay because the place was flooded (no, not with blood - with donors). Pretty cool. It's not like you get anything. Except a rad tee shirt, a sticker, some Oreos and apple juice, and a coupon for a free cup of coffee. Maybe the perks are awesome. I did it because I was physically able and I am betting that my blood is decent (cue the tune "How to Save a Life"). Anyway, I am tired. Exhausted. Wiped.
As in not doing homework. Except that I have been networking for a project due next week. Death and Dying includes an interview with someone involved with hospice and then a paper or a presentation. I chose a perinatal hospice because I get the feeling that some don't know that there are other options when carrying a terminal child. The whole thing makes me sad, but awareness is my middle name and here I am to bring attention to something wonderful, respectful, and full of both honor and grace. So, I'm solidifying details with the hospice to conduct a phone interview early next week with the director, an MD, and a sonographer. Possibly life changing. I chose this specific perinatal hospice because they set up camp right across the way from an abortion clinic known for late term abortions. I will not judge those who walk through the door of either office, but I am glad that there are options. Specifically, choices. Should be interesting.
That's about it. Called the insurance company to see what they might cover from the RE visit. A little excited because they do cover diagnostic procedures that lead to an IF diagnosis; they just don't cover treatment. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I've been trying to be nicer to C, calm down, and focus on how lucky I am in so many ways. Perhaps, I'm even trying a little bit of joyful out. This weekend, I get to see Sister B, S is back in town for one night only, staying with the parents, and attending my third ever collegiate football game in the town I was born in, grew up in, and graduated from college. I'm not much of an athletic supporter, but perhaps there will be pictures . . .
1 comment:
First, I tried to comment on this post in NC but mom/dad's computer hates me too. Good for you for donating--always will remember my first (only) time. Cost my parents over a thousand dollars...I was just trying to be helpful!
Post a Comment