Sunday, June 22, 2008

People and Homework [Not That Interesting]

See, there have been people around. A lot of people. Soon, I am leaving to see more people. As usual, I am exhausted. The best decision we made this month was not to further treatments. Which will probably bleed into next month (that was a bit of a pun).

Beginning with AM, whose lovely husband R left the country for awhile. I was able to visit her on two consecutive weekends and hang out with little E (who was missing daddy terribly). It is wonderful to be in a safe place with a person that knows you: good, bad, ugly. Who just listens, commiserates, and trusts you with her own concerns. The people that know everything about you, don't judge and don't say the wrong thing (and even if they do, you know that they don't mean it in a hurtful way at all) - these persons are easy to be around and allow you to let your guard down and relax. It was good for me and I hope it was good for her. I love you, AM, and can't wait to see you again.

Last weekend we came home and got some stuff accomplished while waiting for ADoll. Got to eat with her because C is amazing in the kitchen and whipped up dinner. We headed to the airport so that ADoll could go home and the hail was brief, but quite frightening. This weather in Tornado Alley has been crazier than normal (tornado hit my hometown). We had (sort of) hoped for a long, slow-motion run to the plane for ADoll, but it was not to be. It was really nice to see her though! Just realized that no pictures exist to prove that we are friends - when can we remedy that?

My boy, S, arrived Tuesday evening (another trip to the airport). Have I mentioned that I haven't seen the boy in a year? And that a year ago I didn't even get to say goodbye because he had a week to pack up and leave for his awesome new job? Anyway, lots of catching up to be had. We ended up at sister B's restaurant on the patio. For those of you that know, patios in this area are great places to sit, hang out, talk, and eat. Wasted three hours there, spent some time with B's boyfriend J. Played with fire (hey, if you put s'mores on the menu, I will order them if they come with fire). Arrived home and tried to watch Boondock Saints and I didn't make it very far. Pictures the next morning (check out facebook) and back to the airport. No tears. Love S and can't wait to see him at the game in September.

Brother J and his friend B showed up Thursday night (making Wednesday night the only night I went to bed early) and there was laughter. Mom was in town Thursday and Friday for a conference and we did lunch, dinner and breakfast from Friday to Saturday. Otherwise, I've been doing homework (actually, I should be doing homework right now instead of blogging, especially since I turned down tubing at the lake for homework time). Lots and lots of homework. That has to be finished and turned in before Wednesday when I leave for FL. Back to it.

2 comments:

the barnes family said...

I'm so glad you've been getting some quality time with special people. I just wish one of them was me! I miss you! And I so wish I could be going to Florida with you. Tell Miss J I miss her!

Anonymous said...

Did your parents get any damage from the tornado? We got skipped right over, thankfully. I see you are continuing our tradition of being a successful underachiever in the homework department! No sense doing today what you can put off tomorrow - and do even better as a result!