Monday, September 10, 2007

What Else is There?

The TA has been camped out behind my eyes for four days now and I want them gone. I think I remember hearing that doctors can't remove your tear ducts because they have an actual purpose (flushing and cleansing the eyeballs?) besides making me feel like crap and look like a weepy mess. In addition, I'm fairly certain that I strained a muscle in my pelvis. Think about the ramifications of that for a moment. Thankfully, I now have painkillers at home. Unfortunately, they only eradicate the pain/discomfort for an hour and a half. Ahhh, and life continues forward.

I loved this weekend. It was a lot of time with AM + little E, and their friends N + little V. I like couch time and Gilmore Girls time and little E time and chatty time. C got to fish for an entire night and day. I've got lots of clothing ideas from AM, and some really tasty meal ideas too. I'm in the middle of The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd for class. A big happy first birthday to little E! So ends the randomness. Oh, we really need soap from the grocery store - preferably unscented Dove bars . . .

Honestly, everything is reminding me of what I don't have and have, so far, been unable to achieve. Two more acquaintances are pregnant, both from the church I grew up in, where most of us were programed to think our place on earth was to bear and rear children (I rebelled). Then there were all of the pregnant women at the mall and mothers with newborns. Sonagram pictures and heartbeats, surprise pregnancies, maternity clothes, the right kind of bottles, etc. I'm tired and completely beat down by everything else. Sometimes I wonder if I can handle this. I've tried to be encouraging and supportive, and as hard as that is, it is the way I'd rather be. The other distrations have not been so effective. And I'm so very tired.

No comments: