Friday, September 14, 2007

Fires and the General Feeling

I kept any and all tears at bay while writing the previous post. [Big cheer for me!] But for those that read along and care about my well-being, I am doing well. I walked outside to hop in the Jeep this morning and it was ten degrees above crisp, but that means that crisp, fall mornings are right around the corner and I LOVE THOSE! Winter is the season that C and I love - maybe because I'm so attached to all the ways we have to stay warm: heaters, fire (oh, wood burning stove, how I adore thee), sweaters, coats, sweatshirts with hoods, scarfs, boots, mittens, blankets (wool cotton fleece down), and most of all, the body heat of the person you love (and possibly a few large dogs, seeing as how they like to sleep on the bed). We love camping in this weather because you sleep close to the fire and wake up with frost on your face (and if you're lucky, the dogs sleep on you yet again). This is a call out to AM&R + N&A: we've got to go camping together in this cold crispy weather AND we all need to head to Canton and have a friendly time one night down at the bar.

Anyway, mostly to say that life is good and I am hopeful about most things. We get the chance to head home this weekend and celebrate little E and his first year of life (big Hip-Hooray to AM&R for keeping him alive, happy, and healthy!). Sister B is moving out of the house into a fabulous (we're going to make it even more fabulous) apartment in town on Sunday. The people I love are happy and so I am good. Now if I could just get y'all some great pictures up here like miss A has, we'd be set! [I'm well aware that I have too many girlfriends with names that begin with A, but I have yet to screen friends based on their first initial so that it's easier to write about them on my blog.] Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Drew said...

Glad to see you're allright. I never told you this, but you're a lot stronger than I gave you credit for.

. . .

Especially for a townie/HP fan.

:)~