I really do escape from the sun with spectacular sunburns. It does seem rather fitting then, that I always thought I'd die from cancer. Sister B always assumed she'd die from a heart attack. If history is any indicator, we'll outlive the men we choose and live to be at least 87 and 85 respectively. We have the longevity gene, along with the it-doesn't-matter-how-badly-I-treat-my-body-it-will-probably-be-fine gene. But we are trying to be more observant of how the impact of what we do, eat, and practice directly affects our current and future health.
Sunburn included, I had a wonderful weekend. I spent both Saturday and Sunday mornings with a beautifully sweet 15-month-old little girl who loves to cuddle (I want one, I really really want one). This was followed by quality driving time with the husband and some shopping (sheets, blanket, fishing pole - not at the same store!). We did a little fishing at the pond Saturday evening with the dogs. Sunday, we went out on the boat for 4+ hours (thus, a sunburn). We took Bella girl, who can be seen in pictures below. The fishing was terrible, watching the dog swim around was hilarious, tubing was loads of fun (arms are sore), and running out of gas in one tank, running into the muddy bank, and manually priming the second gas tank - were all part of the adventure. C and I had to work together to get the boat into the water and back out smoothly. No bumps, bruises, or permanent scars; on the boat, Tahoe, or Bella anyway.
My first graduate class is on Thursday and I am ready to go. At least mentally. What should I physically take to class again? Are Trapper Keepers still cool? What about 5-Star notebooks? Are food and drinks allowed in the classrooms? At my age, do I still have to be excused to go to the restroom? Is there a pass?
1 comment:
For graduate school all you need is a Hello Kitty Pencil holder and the belief that you are right and everyone else is wrong.
Here's the pencil holder.
Post a Comment