Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Is Today Over Yet?

Today has been one busy busy day at work. I rarely have those. Everyone wants something and I am the one they ask. We're really missing one of our associates. I miss her because she was my age and her husband's name was C too, and they have a Beagle. I understand Beagles.

An email from AD reminded me why I like him. I just don't know why he likes me. Go figure. It must be because I like the Chinese. He likes the whites (some of us), so it all works out. There was this one day, when we were happy, and we struck up a conversation with a boy that did not look like he was in a frat (he was) and looked interesting (he can be). And then he was a friend. He enjoys dragging his girlfriend (who doesn't like us) to our parties. And hanging out with me until 4am. C was out of town that night and when he returned he kept asking "What were you doing?" and I said, "The same thing any nine-year-olds would do - watch movies." Ahh, memories.

Heard from brother D too. He's good. In NYC. I'm not even sure I want to visit NYC, and he loves living there and is thinking about job possibilities in Tokyo. How selfish is it that I want my kids to know their uncles? I told C that 50% of the reason I married him was for his friends and family. In a strange way, I grew up with Brother D. He was still in high school when C moved back home after college. I was a freshman in college and (don't faint from surprise) highly immature. We got along like cats and water. Then we grew up and I married his brother. So I'll miss him a lot and I already do. One of the brothers says he doesn't want kids, so mine are the best he gets and I just wish they'd be here. Done with the whining. Tired. Ready to go home.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Pft, who says I like you to begin with....cracker!