One addition: the movie Pure Country. I watch it over and over again. I have the video, the DVD and the CD. I heart George Strait. Harley Tucker is my favorite. "You like him, doncha?" is one of my most used movie quotes.
Here begins another week. I had actual work to do at work today, so it went well and chipped away at my growing addiction to the internet. Still checked my email and two or three other sites, but that's ALL! The weekend went by like a race car - fast. Did some shopping with sister B on Saturday. Found soy milk shampoo and conditioner that I'm liking, some shirts for C, and a book for brother J. Was reminded on Sunday evening that I can call brother D because he is back in the country. I wonder if he'd carry a "manly" tote bag if I made him one? I'm seriously thinking about making brother J the place mats with the chopstick holders. He'd like them. Oh! I got these sheets I ordered for the fabric in the mail from Delia*s! They are so BRIGHT and COLORFUL and downright CHEERY! I'm definitely going to make a dress out of the large flower pattern and I have a nagging suspicion that the polka dots will become a top and curtains for the orange library (which will be the baby's room whenever that baby is conceived and born).
I met up with sweet A, who was in town for Saturday night only. We shopped. Did the TJMaxx thing and found a wooden bowl, GAP dress for $17 (linen), and an indestructible Kitchen Aid metal spatula. We needed that last one to use on the cast iron skillets. Oh, and I found black/white polka dotted flats and gray quilted ballet flats. Yea! Met up with N&A and the new company to celebrate N's 26th birthday (I'm not sure because I was falling asleep at the bar&grill). I was so tired that it was safer for C to drive home after $20 worth of Jack&Cokes than for me to drive. That's TIRED! I might be slightly anemic, but I really need to check into this fatigue/exhaustion thing. I use those words far too often to be healthy.
Sunday was hang around day. C found me a table for my porch for $10! I'm going to spray paint the wicker and then it has a glass top. Perfect for my birthday party! I'm deciding between a pirate and luau theme. Maybe both. Good to see you, nice to meet you. I might be a little tired again.
No comments:
Post a Comment