Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tomorrow, Makeup & Drivers

I'm really eager for tomorrow to be here already, or at least for the work part of today to be over. I have the dress, the plan, and the directions, so I am all ready for this weekend! Going to sit here and drink my Naked juice and email everybody. Missed yesterday because I went to the doctor. She was nice and informative and I think I will keep her. Doctors usually bother me because of their pretensions or inability to relate to the general populous, but she seems good and comes highly recommended.

I bought the makeup that my Mom and sister use. I put it all on last night and went for a "night-time" look and asked C (the husband) if he liked it. He did not. I should not wear eyeliner on my bottom lid because it makes my eyes look puffy according to C. A bit brutal, but honest. He liked the rest of the look. I came out of the bathroom a few minutes later and sat next to him and he looked at me. He said that he really liked this look. I had just washed every trace of makeup off of my face. I knew he was like this from the beginning. He doesn't like the made-up, finished look so much as he enjoys seeing people (and me!) the way they really are. This boy has never told me to go put makeup on, do my hair, shave my legs, or change into something nicer. He really doesn't care and I love that about him. On the other hand, he's got some out-of-control facial hair going on right now and I wouldn't mind if it just went away.


I was also going to ask why I feel safer around a female driver in a Honda Civic putting her makeup on in the car than I do around some guy in a Ford Super Duty texting on his phone. Probably because when they wreck, the lady just killed herself and the dude just killed me (and he's fine). Does that make me sexist or some type of vehicle-ist? I don't take the responsibility lightly that I drive an SUV and that I am a little more likely to kill someone else in an accident than be killed (various circumstances determining the outcome, obviously). I just think it's interesting that little cars aren't more cautious around huge trucks. C has literally driven off the hood of a small car that rear-ended his truck. Get a clue. Fun doggie picture for today . . . Bella and me.

No comments: