I've ignored these Hershey's Kisses on my desk since Valentine's Day and now, all of a sudden, they are delicious. I can only guess what that means. Which is good news because it probably means that my body is getting back to normal. I'm also drinking Naked: Berry Blast. It's a fruit smoothie that claims no sugar added and one pound of fruit in the bottle. If you drink the whole thing, it's two servings of fruit and veggies.
I had a nice weekend. C went out to the bar with his boss and coworkers on Friday and I get a call telling me to meet them at the boss's house with the derby DVD (C does demolition derby and his film-student brother has made a really nice DVD of the competition from two years ago, so naturally EVERYONE MUST SEE IT). I'm waiting around for my mom to get here, but I take off, still on the phone in the midst of an interesting conversation with S, to the boss's house. Where I stay, watching derby videos until ten. C creeps home later only to knock on my window to let him in because his key is on the "other" key ring. Side note: I catch flack because I have too many keys and "things" on my key ring, oh, and something dangles down and touches C's leg when he drives, but at least I only have ONE key ring and not six.
Mom and I went shopping on Saturday and had a lot of fun. We found some towels, some clothes, and an excellent restaurant. We headed into Johnny Carino's for lunch and had a great salad and pasta duo. Mom had turtle cheesecake too (I helped). I'd have to say that of everything we got, I'm most excited about this cute black sundress from Old Navy (have to love Old Navy). It fits perfectly. The hardest part about shopping was that we weren't shopping for the things I would have expected. But Mom knew that and put it in perspective. More of you should come visit us! Maybe after next weekend we'll have a queen bed in the library/guest room and a twin bed! Plenty of room and my cooking has really improved. Consider this an invitation (especially to E&R and T&K, who I haven't seen in forever).
We also found out why Boris peed on the bed - poor baby has a UTI. C took him to the vet Saturday morning for shots and to be tested. I can already see an improvement - he was wanting to go outside every 15-25 minutes and now we're cutting back to once an hour. I know that in people UTIs can be really painful (like head-into-the-ER-NOW painful), so I hope he was okay. To everyone that has dogs, especially puppies, UTIs are very common and hard to spot because you aren't sure if the pup just isn't housebroken yet. I'm glad we caught this. Back to my Naked: Berry Blast. Maybe new pictures later this week. Oh, and hello to SC, who I wrote and she wrote back to tell me she and the hubby moved to Cali!
No comments:
Post a Comment