This was a bad weekend for the dogs. Friday night, out at C's parent's house, I hear Boris screaming from somewhere in the dark. So I go out to find him and C's carrying him up from lower field, still screaming. We think that he and Bella were playing and something happened. He hurt his front right leg badly enough that it hasn't touched the ground in four days. He didn't figure out the three-legged hobble for quite awhile either, so he kept putting his leg down, hurting it, and screaming some more. Yesterday I took him to the vet who gave him painkillers and said to come back for an x-ray if he's not putting more weight on it by Thursday. The vet was leaning towards a hairline fracture diagnosis because he noticed the bones in Boris's foreleg were bowed. However, it is also his wonky foot that points in and I think that could explain a bow in the leg. We'll see. And so he's hobbling around the house a bit and spending most of his time "restricted" to his box so his leg can hopefully heal. A day without screaming would be nice.
Then there was Bella. The first incident wasn't her fault, my mom came out to C's parent's house to pick me up and brought her puppy, Abby. Abby weighs about four pounds and thinks she's a big dog. She was frightened because of the strange people, surroundings, dogs, and so she bit the one that got too close. So Bella's nose started bleeding (and quickly stopped and healed). After we get to Mom's house, I go to unhook Bella's rope so that she can go into the house and she bolts to the sidewalk to attack another dog that a lady is walking. I see fur fly and the dogs go at it and I'm yelling at Bella, so she tucks tail and goes back into the house. I repeatedly apologize to the lady and her dog (a 13-year-old Blue Heeler/Border Collie mix) and she tells me that she just let go of her dog's leash when Bella came at them because she knew her dog could handle himself. I'm pretty sure that he won because Bella had more scratches on her nose and she came back very quickly. We then had a little talk about how she's going to get a shock collar because I have tried everything else.
Like I said, the dogs did not have a very good weekend.
1 comment:
try having a dog that'll eat you in a single bit and another one that'll jump and slobber all over you
ajax & cassie
Post a Comment