Thursday, February 8, 2007

Chicken Linguini Parmesan Ranch

I keep thinking about this friend I once had. We fought and never made up because there was too much wrong there, but she keeps entering my thoughts unbidden. Mostly I see pictures of her from the last time I talked to her when she was almost seven months pregnant. I don't think that I was wrong in ending the friendship, so the reason she comes to mind is that I was with her from the beginning to the almost seven month point of her pregnancy and at the moment, she is my best reference point for how everything went and how I could look. I am excited, but it will be an adjustment to go from this size to beached whale (hopefully not). Anyway, I don't want to think about it or her much more.

An old friend of mine spent last night with us. It was so nice to see him and hear him talk about his travels and the people he met. He's coming home, so I'll get to see him a lot more often and that will be really nice because he's one of those people that make you feel good about living the life that you're living. I guess it's because he's so supportive and encouraging and he's happy with whatever he's doing. We had a wonderful dinner that I made and the boys scarfed it down. I need to talk to my aunts about how to feed boys in case I have a few! They are bottomless pits! My sister and I never ate that much! Okay, I'm losing focus and waiting for the workday to end.

No comments: