Thursday, August 6, 2015

There is one

The wonderful thing is that the second FET worked. We are 16 or so weeks pregnant. Just paid off the remaining balance at the RE's office* (it was less than I thought). I'm happy, I just feel more comfortable as milestones are met - anatomy scan, viability, baby earthside. We're doing well and making some plans. Due sometime in January.

Lots more to detail at a later time - the less-than-stellar first HCG numbers, sigh of relief at only one embryo taking hold, resigning ourselves to a doctor in town, that doctor's less-than-positive response to my hopes for a VBAC and reoccurrence of preeclampsia. My fears. Our gratitude.

*I know that I brag on our RE's office a lot (in person too), but they are so professional and compassionate. I can also observe their practice as someone who has worked in doctor offices (at least three) for 7 or 8 years. They are ready with a kind word, up-to-date research and journal articles, full disclosure on cost and how insurance might help. When I spoke to billing yesterday to pay our balance, it was to a woman I've never interacted with before - she had to have the billing screen of their software up to process my payment. But she also asked how I was feeling, wished me an easy pregnancy and reminded me (at least twice) that they would love photos of our newborn. Very friendly like. I know the clinic would like stats on this next little one's birth too (and as a lover of data, I will willingly oblige). There is a vested interest there that I won't deny, but they don't have to be nice about it and they are. Because of this clinic, I hold all other doctors to a higher standard. 

2 comments:

Casie said...

I rediscovered your blog last month, and am so glad I checked it today! Congrats and best wishes for an easy pregnancy and delivery when the time comes! <3

annaO said...

YAY!! So excited for you guys. :)