Maybe today doesn't count because my mom was here until 930am when she left to get back to work by 1pm. So I had some extra sleep and little guy had an extra bottle (throwing him completely off any schedule, but he was happy). Otherwise, today is my first day with him alone. Sure, C will be home this afternoon and I'll be grateful for his help (read: to hand off his son).
So today we're just going to eat, sleep, poop, and drink water (just me on that last one). Which seems simple until you factor in what feed means. Right now, we're nursing for as long as Baby I likes (10-30min), then we're supplementing with a bottle of breast milk (25-40ml, have to find a clean bottle and warm up and get him to wake long enough to take it all in: 10-20min), and finally, I'm supposed to keep up with pumping like I was in the hospital (after every single feeding, which I have cut back to about 4-5x per 24hr period, but I have to make sure my pumping gear is clean and dry, find a container for breast milk, and pump for longer than I did at the hospital to achieve the same result: 30-40min). Then we do it all again in less than two hours. It can be exhausting. Which, is how I hear it is.
I'm still going to try my best not to do too much (so I shouldn't walk three blocks to the library to pick up a book?) and sleep a lot. And not count the hours until C arrives home. Perhaps not blog or email or text (wait, really?).
- Posted from my mobile phone
1 comment:
Goodness! Impressive woman! All this writing in between feedings, cleanings, and eating/drinking!!!!! Believe it, you are adapting beautifully, whether it seems like it now or not! You are rolling and stretching and growing! And it is amazing and beautiful. And so are you!!! LOVE. Lots of it!
Post a Comment