Lots has happened and we're still waiting on the best bits.
My darling C has put up with a lot: hysterical crying, misguided anger, and being told the sex we just had was terrible. Not my best moments.
I've been quite proficient at giving myself shots. Especially the easy l.upron ones with the insulin needles. The stims with the mixing, q-caps, saline and $50 clouds of fluff caught me off guard. That first night, with AM by my side, I tried, got confused, then freaked out and finally got all the meds into my body one way or another. It was a small scale trainwreck and to quote AM, "It only took 20 minutes." Thankfully, with C as mixmaster extraordinaire, things have gone much smoother. I mean, I'm still fussy (before shooting up) and very silentangry (after shooting up), but I'm sticking a needle in myself. And m.enopur stings.
Oh, and I hit a small vein or capillary or something while Mom was watching me shoot l.upron, so there was blood and then a giant bruise. I'm super talented.
And most recently, I've got over a dozen follicles brewing in one ovary and half that in the opposite. But as we all know, don't count your follicles until your eggs are retrieved, and then, don't count your eggs until they're determined mature and fertilizable, and then (okay, we'll stop there). The NP at the RE's thought that was pretty funny. My last US went well (how many women can laugh with a dildocam pinning their right ovary in place?) and labwork looks great. So far, I believe I'm textbook. Which is better than being the one that they have no idea why things are wonky.
I'm sure there is much more drama and stabbing to come and I'm not ruling out a case of OHSS (I read to eat protein and drink water - not g.atorade due to the salt). Need I write it? Please let this work. Or let it give some answers. Or let it give us closure. Any or all of the above.
- Posted from my mobile phone
3 comments:
Good Luck! My E2 was pretty high by the time we triggered for my first IVF cycle and they told me to go low carb/sugar, eat mostly protein and hydrate with Gatorade. Crossing my fingers that everything turns out well for you!
I'm glad you've gotten the hang of your shots- the $50 bottle of fluff comment made me laugh. It's insane, the cost of all of this. Lots of hope sent your way for those awesome follicles of yours!
With OHSS it is the opposite, you want to drink V8 and Gatorade, not water. The salts force you to pee, which is what you need, more than water, and water alone will make you retain it. I've had OHSS (mild case)3X, and the v8 and Gatorade worked every time.
Good luck! Tons of eggs to you, and fabulous embies!
Post a Comment