C was supposed to provide his part of the whole shebang this morning. I bought him cold medicine (the good stuff behind the counter) last night. Does anyone else have this problem? It just doesn't work with cold medicine. We both forgot. Thankfully, we were both accepting of this fact, as was the doctor's office and C was able to reschedule.
My grandma was taken to the ER and then put into the hospital for COPD complicated by pneumonia. We think everything is going to be fine, but it isn't something to mess around with.
And what is really weighing on my heart is the news that a dear friend miscarried. They just told me about their third addition not three weeks ago and they were exhausted, but so very excited. Their oldest son was convinced the baby was a girl. I received a text earlier today that they lost the baby. All I could send was my love. Until I headed to my own dr appointment and saw a girl walking out with a small belly and I smiled to think that she was somewhere in an early pregnancy. I then looked up at her face and the guy accompanying her. My dear friend and her sweet husband. I froze, not knowing whether to intrude or just let them be. Half a second later I remembered how alone I had felt with my own news four and a half years ago, bolted out of my car, knocked on her window. I gave her a hug and told her I loved her. Despite having been there, I do not know if those were the right words or actions. And still, I'm strongly considering showing up at her house this weekend just to sit, either with her and listen, or with the boys to give her and the husband a few moments.
This reminded me again (because AM was instrumental in lighting the fire) that I need to talk with someone. Reducing anxiety and coping mechanisms are at the top of the to-do list. I was lulled into thinking that every pregnancy except a possible one of mine ended in a live baby and again am so sad to find out that's not true.
- Posted from my mobile phone
No comments:
Post a Comment