A patient just called to cancel her appointment. She said her PT knew the situation, but told me anyway as she was trying not to cry.
Her daughter is losing her baby. She had been trying for five years to get pregnant and now, at nine weeks she is miscarrying.
Is this what I'm setting myself up for? I cannot deal with this right now. If you so much as touch me, I swear the floodgates will release the tears. Is IVF really worth the possibility of loss? It about destroyed me the first time. If we don't try IVF, that lowers (eradicates) my chance at pregnancy, which lowers my chance of losing said pregnancy. Am I too rational for my own good?
I dare someone to talk to me about not attempting something for fear of failure. Because, in this case, my fear is loss of life and you've just termed it a failure (on my part?). I'm not sure either reasoning or comfort are appropriate right now. I'm sad and angry and defensive and scared.
*Posted from my mobile phone
No comments:
Post a Comment