Friday, July 16, 2010

Just an Irritated Wondering

Why can't I have a regular cycle? Like I used to? It meant so much to me to be able to plan things and even to think, in denial, that nothing was wrong. I mean, I know from the last few cycles that there is a self- diagnosed luteal phase issue and that I will never do another ART cycle without the help of progesterone, suppository or shot. But these 35+ day cycles are ridiculous. Body, uterus, repo organs, whoever, I know you're busted, you know you're busted, but can't we pretend you aren't? Just for another few years? This randomness is annoying.

Baby three of the 10+ we're expecting from friends and family this year just emerged. He's adorable.

I'm not sure what it will take to get me back into the RE's office this fall. Maybe a bribe of some sort. C actually asked how much the meds would run for an injectible cycle, if that is what it comes to. I'm thinking $3000, with insurance possibly picking up their 50%. I don't really know because I haven't researched it much. I'm not sure about this. I don't have to think about it for awhile though, because C is so busy this summer. Fall might be my nemisis though.

I'm almost ready to start researching adoption. Much higher take home rate for the money invested, since you know, we BUY babies here. But a specific initialed man, who I love dearly, is just not ready to talk about it. Or think about it. Or give up on the pregnancy and baby that this wife just can't give him. And this infuriates me because I think we should be discussing ALL options. But without him, there wouldn't be a family. I try to remember that.

- Posted from my mobile phone

No comments: