Monday, October 15, 2007

I Think I Lost My Thoughts on Interstate

I've been running my tail off assembling menus for the last six hours and while it's been a blast, my heart is not in it. What keeps you going, Anne? Good question.

I have things to do, that's what keeps me going. In case "things" sounds too vague and unstructured (you shouldn't have said that), here are the things:

I owe miss A, AM, and M letters, emails and phone calls. I miss them all terribly. I've missed M for, oh, about 14 years now and I'm so grateful that we both make the effort and still have many things in common. I've missed AM for a year and a half because that is when I became destructive and partially because of that decided to move away. Then again, I'm grateful for her grace and forgiveness and complete willingness to take me in again. I miss (miss) A because she was so much fun and she's way far away now, but I'm grateful that we have this chance to connect.

I still want to learn to knit. I found on online tutorial and I've got a gift certificate to JoAnn's in my pocket. I will be buying needles and yarn this week and making a go of it. Maybe you'll all get scarves, maybe you'll get the tiniest felted coin purses (they tell me that if you felt the knitted wool that you terribly messed up on - no one can tell).

Even if they are sad and dark and depressing, I have stories in me. Some of them may have the capacity to help others. Some of them may have the words to help me. Must find a way to let them go.

There are books to read and hopefully fancy Valentine's Day Anniversary parties to wear fabulous dresses to (that was supposed to be a pleasant nudge in the right direction, AM). Kitchens to keep somewhat sanitary and eventually remodel. Dogs to love on and raise up. Laundry to wash, fold, and put away. Dishes to cook. Friends to catch up with.

Friends were aplenty this weekend. I spoke with T&K on Friday evening and I adore them. I can't wait until they move up here and we can hang out and do dinner. Miss J called to catch up and sure enough, she left this state that wasn't the place for her and relocated. She's happy and that of course makes me happy. Lunch on Sunday with N&A was so much fun. They make me laugh and time flies in their company.

Food was aplenty this weekend. I did a little recipe email thing and decided to cook the easiest ones. Along with the rest of the apple crisp, there's a little Southwest Soup, Pineapple Chicken and Sweet Potatoes, and Cheesey Hashbrown Awesomeness in the fridge. The CHA will be gone as soon as C gets home, I'm sure. For this week, I'll be making Butternut Squash Soup (that's what I bought instead, AM) and Chicken Cheese Rice Wraps. Maybe Three Bean Chili.

Big question, was this enough to distract you, Anne? No, it was not. And while they say that you should do everything that you can before you get pregnant because it will be awhile before you'll be able to do it again - that's great. I've been sleeping on my stomach (good for digestion and terrible for the spine). There is nothing else. I don't enjoy alcohol, cigarettes, or caffeine much. Sushi is not on my radar, what are soft cheeses, and deli meat is gone with summer. I guess that I'll enjoy my hot showers when the weather gets colder. Any other ideas?

1 comment:

Drew said...

Stew. Cold weather is great for stew.

So get to it!

That is a fairly healthy list of things to distract yourself. So the question is - what are you really doing to distract yourself?