Monday, July 30, 2007

Catching Up With the Speed

Hello, I'm back. Not excited to be back at work, but not disappointed either, as this is the place that offers me the opportunity (time) to blog and read other blogs (encouraging and discouraging). The vacation was enjoyable and family packed. Unfortunately, the infection tagged along and invited some friends, so I was partially miserable. Upside: love the weather in Washington state where we were at. C wants to move there just for the cool nights. We've visited up there before and always spend our time on the farm. Out in the middle of nowhere. With a horse, a baby steer, and a huge barn. I think that makes us lucky. I even enjoyed wearing jeans and a sweatshirt the last week of July - something I can't do here.

Very happy to get back to our house, our stuff, our way of doing things. When I went to pick up the dogs, Bella looked at me as if she wasn't sure we were coming back this time. Boris had already adapted to his new routine at my parents's house. I missed both of them a lot. I got to visit with my maternal grandparents and my paternal grandpa, as well as my cousin and his two boys. I haven't seen the cousin + kids in quite a while, so it was nice to all get together. Figured out that children terrify Boris. So much that he tries to bite them - I think we have our work cut out for us. Other than that, I think the dogs were well behaved and we all got to have a nice quiet evening at home last night. Hopefully, there are more to come.

I have very little idea of upcoming projects. I think that I want to start working on the house, preparing it for visitors and maybe children someday. That means continuing to update the kitchen and working on the cabinets. Sister B also has fabric waiting to become a dress and a top that's all cut out and just needs to be fitted to her. I commissioned brother D (with no money) to think up a bed for C and my room that C can make - anything to get the bed off the floor and regain my under-the-bed storage (essential, I tell you!). Our bedroom still needs to be painted Sea Sand, but I'm considering an accent color so that I have a pallet to work with. After that, we may do a wall treatment in the bathroom and replace the medicine cabinet and the vanity/linen cabinet. You, know, possibly in the next year or two. After all that, all I have to do is head to the nearest TJ Maxx or Marshall's and spend money on linens. I am very skilled in that area.

I'm a little tired (with a sore throat) and I have work to do, but later there will be musings about how this little trip highlighted what we don't have in addition to what we do. Bittersweet, I guess.

No comments: