No one is looking over my shoulder today at work. There are just a set of tasks that I must accomplish. In between those, I can screw off as much as I'd like. Finally finished off a very full weekend. Mom and Dad and sister B came down Saturday morning (leaving C and I just enough time to clean the house). We went out to lunch and did some shopping. Found Mom and B's makeup at a store closer to my house, so we didn't have to brave the mall on Saturday afternoon. They've almost talked me into this makeup that is supposed to be healthy for your skin. I sort of believe it. This huge store has all of the high end makeup and salon quality hair products and soaps and scents and it's just really cool.
I would like to complain about the clothing industry for a moment. Isn't it bad enough that when we buy something black that we don't know if when we buy another something black that it will match the first? So, why can't they just break down and create a consistent sizing methodology? Not to mention that because of the inconsistencies, I have no idea whether to buy a size 2 or a size 12 (both are in my closet). I can go into any store and buy a large shirt and a size 34 waist (32 inseam) pant and know that both items WILL FIT C! But I have to play around with sizes and companies and heaven forbid I shop in what they call juniors, because then, the well-thought-out sizing changes from even numbers to odd numbers. Terrific. I received my smaller dress in the mail on Friday and though I am delighted that it fits better, it still isn't perfect and it is a size that I didn't think I wore. I probably shouldn't hold my breath, but I would love to go into a store, pick up a pair of jeans/pants/a shirt in the size I usually wear and know that it fits. Too much to ask, I know.
Looking forward to this coming weekend - N&A are getting married! I get to see AM and little E. The boys get to pal around and party hard at the reception. I get to visit E&R's house and see their puppies. Oh, and I'm grabbing some black and white film for the old camera to take pictures of everyone at the wedding. Only thing I'm not excited about is the car trip, but if I can ride with AM and E, it should go a bit smoother. Three days left . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment