Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Unexplainable Bodies and Sadness

In case you didn't hear it through my words previously, this is a very tired week. Normal body reaction would be to pep up and make it through, but body with a parasite (yes, just one, I'm sure) reaction is deep lust for two, three hour naps and then back to sleep at 10:30pm. It's uncanny. Wake at 6:30am still tired and wanting to sleep moreandmore until sunlight literally forces eyelids up and body into the car driving to nearest Walmart for blackout shades or forget it all and just sleep in the sun. I plan on sleeping in the sun a lot this summer (with SPF 30 at least). There are rumors of friends with boats and conveniently, we moved near a wonderful lake. The dogs, C, and myself are going to have fun times this summer.

I am left thinking of a loss in our family recently. I don't claim to be close to any of the grieving, but I feel for them and hope that they get some answers. He was far too young at twenty-one and he left behind his girlfriend, who is due to have their baby next week. I usually sit here and try to think what I'd do in that situation, but this, this I really can't fathom. I wouldn't want to do the baby thing alone, without C. He's a large part of why I want to do this baby thing. I hope she grieves and then dedicates everything else she can to having and then raising this child. I just can't imagine.

If I would have gotten around to it last night, you might have laughed at my belly. I ate and ate and then had thirds of this Mexican stuff that C made. It tasted so good and didn't make me gag in the midst of eating it, so I kept eating. My stomach was so distended. Now I'm to the point where I can stick it out and look like I might be pregnant, but I can still pull it in and look normal (and that's beginning to hurt!). I think within the next month I'll have a more permanent beer gut. Here are some pictures Mom took at the beginning of nine weeks on January 27, 2007 (even though the pictures say different).

PS. Here's the deal: I usually try to make things work when they obviously won't, on average, three or four times. I maxed out on four trying to get the other picture to appear, so be content with one where you can still see my hips. Yes, this is what I normally look like and no, I don't see anything that looks pregnant in this picture (unless Harley snuck in . . .).

No comments: